Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lemonscented lemonscented is offline

Default How delete line

Hi,

I am trying to get rid of an unwanted line in Word 2003. It appears in the
header of the odd but not even pages of a section of my document (the
document is set up for odd and even pages). It extends the full width of
the page (between the margins). I have deleted everything I can in the
header and cannot delete it.

I have tried other suggestions mentioned in these discussions but nothing
seems to work. It does not disappear when I select adjacent text and press
control Q.

Thank you.

Cathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lemonscented lemonscented is offline

Thanks, but as I said, I already tried Control Q and it does not cause the
line to go away. Borders and shading shows that no border has been selected.
I selected within the header as well as text before and after the header.

This is happening in a section that consists of endnote text, if that makes
any difference.

I am pretty eager to make this go away.

Cathy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Almost certainly a paragraph border. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

"lemonscented" wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to get rid of an unwanted line in Word 2003. It appears in

the
header of the odd but not even pages of a section of my document (the
document is set up for odd and even pages). It extends the full width of
the page (between the margins). I have deleted everything I can in the
header and cannot delete it.

I have tried other suggestions mentioned in these discussions but nothing
seems to work. It does not disappear when I select adjacent text and

press
control Q.

Thank you.

Cathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In that case what you're seeing is the Endnote Separator (or, more likely,
the Endnote Continuation Separator). The same brilliant crew that thought we
would use i, ii, iii numbering for endnotes although thought we would want a
continuation separator at the top of the page. In Normal view, go to View |
Footnotes to open the Endnotes pane. In the dropdown list on the toolbar,
choose Endnote Continuation Separator. You can delete the line and either
format the font and paragraph as 1 point or substitute text such as
"Endnotes--continued."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Almost certainly a paragraph border. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lemonscented" wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to get rid of an unwanted line in Word 2003. It appears

in
the
header of the odd but not even pages of a section of my document (the
document is set up for odd and even pages). It extends the full

width of
the page (between the margins). I have deleted everything I can in

the
header and cannot delete it.

I have tried other suggestions mentioned in these discussions but

nothing
seems to work. It does not disappear when I select adjacent text and

press
control Q.

Thank you.

Cathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joy Alsofi Joy Alsofi is offline

Default Control Q - Thanks!

Hi Cathy, I found your post, which said that control Q didn't work for you, but since it was the only thing I saw to try, I tried it. The first time I tried, I only selected a small amount of text on either side and it didn't work.

But I tried again, but this time going back more than one full line on both sides of that obnoxious line, and da dah! It was gone! Maybe that's the problem, you have to highlight more that you expect for it to work?