Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dodgema dodgema is offline

Default Can't get Spanish keyboard in 2007 Word

Hi, I have been able to write in Spanish, including spell check, etc.,
however, the keyboard remains in English.

I found the "English" icon down on the lower bar in Word and that lets me
switch languages, but it does not switch the keyboard.

I went to Control Panel/Regional .../etc. and I have both Keyboards listed.
However, the button to choose a "language bar" (which Word help tells me I
need) is grayed out.

I had no trouble getting the Spanish keyboard in Word 2003 (in Office).
There are symbols, etc., needed that are not available from the English
keyboard.

Thanks ...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Office doesn't have anything to do with the language bar, this is a
Windows feature. You should have the EN icon for English in the Windows
taskbar (not part of Word, but Windows). When you click on it, you
should be able to change it to Spanish?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"dodgema" wrote in message
:

Hi, I have been able to write in Spanish, including spell check, etc.,
however, the keyboard remains in English.

I found the "English" icon down on the lower bar in Word and that lets me
switch languages, but it does not switch the keyboard.

I went to Control Panel/Regional .../etc. and I have both Keyboards listed.
However, the button to choose a "language bar" (which Word help tells me I
need) is grayed out.

I had no trouble getting the Spanish keyboard in Word 2003 (in Office).
There are symbols, etc., needed that are not available from the English
keyboard.

Thanks ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dodgema dodgema is offline

Thanks. That makes sense, but I can't seem to get the Lanugage Bar to show
up. It is grayed out in my Control Panel and when I click it under "Toolbars"
for the taskbar (unlocked), nothing happens. It may have something to do with
my use of a MS Office keyboard. I'll do some more exploring to see if I can
find a fix for that problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Do you have more than one language installed? Two different languages,
not two different keyboard layouts?
Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages, Details,
Language Bar doesn't work?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"dodgema" wrote in message
:

Thanks. That makes sense, but I can't seem to get the Lanugage Bar to show
up. It is grayed out in my Control Panel and when I click it under "Toolbars"
for the taskbar (unlocked), nothing happens. It may have something to do with
my use of a MS Office keyboard. I'll do some more exploring to see if I can
find a fix for that problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dodgema dodgema is offline

Yes, I had more than one language installed, but it didn't seem to want to
come forward until I checked and unchecked some boxes. I think the one that
did the trick is "Extend support of advanced text services to programs."
Thanks for your help, it sent me in the right direction ... It seems to be
working now. Thanks, Mary

: