Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TypeType TypeType is offline

Default Taking out or reducing space betwen paragraphs

I have a couple pages of text with large gaps between paragraphs that I'd
like to take or or reduce the gap. Is there a way to do this in one step,
rather than manually removing?

I've tried changing line spacing but didn't work.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks. If you find empty
paragraphs, indicated by multiple successive paragraph marks (¶) in
the text, you can use Edit | Replace to get rid of them:

Find what: ^p

Make sure the "Replace with" box is empty.

Click Replace All.

You should also make sure that the Spacing Before and After is set to
the desired value (in Format | Paragraph). If you are using styles
(http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...OnStyles.html), this can
be done quickly by modifying
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html) the relevant
style definitions.

Finally, check that the Vertical Alignment is set to "Top" in File |
Page Setup, Layout tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TypeType" wrote in message
I have a couple pages of text with large gaps between paragraphs
that I'd
like to take or or reduce the gap. Is there a way to do this in one
step,
rather than manually removing?

I've tried changing line spacing but didn't work.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You said you tried changing line spacing. Did you try changing paragraph
spacing?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"TypeType" wrote in message
I have a couple pages of text with large gaps between paragraphs that I'd
like to take or or reduce the gap. Is there a way to do this in one step,
rather than manually removing?

I've tried changing line spacing but didn't work.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Format | Paragraph | Spacing | clear the before and after
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"TypeType" wrote:

I have a couple pages of text with large gaps between paragraphs that I'd
like to take or or reduce the gap. Is there a way to do this in one step,
rather than manually removing?

I've tried changing line spacing but didn't work.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IllinoisFarmLover IllinoisFarmLover is offline

I have the same problem in my document. I have been using double spacing for
most of the document, and there are parts that need single spacing, which I
have formatted with Format/Paragraph/Spacing.
However, all of sudden, my document is adding another line in between
paragraphs that should be double spaced. I see only one Paragraph symbol,
and then the normal indent arrow when I view the markings.

I tried highlighting a paragraph and setting the Before and After to 0 pt
instead of Auto, but that did not do anything.

Could you give me step by step instructions for how to rectify this? It
looks terrible, and I haven't a clue how to correct it, or why it started in
the first place.
Thanks!