Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stu stu is offline

Default DESPERATE! Print margins and custom size paper

I'm printing to a printer able to handle A3 Extra/SRA3 paper (320mm x 450mm).
The printer can also handle custome size paper, such as the one I need to
use, which is 320mm x 350 mm.

If I set the paper size to A3 Extra in Page Setup, I can print everything
fine - providing I use that size paper in the printer.

But as soon as I set the page length to 350mm, Word cuts off all the page
image outside the margins it insists that I use (55.3mm each side).

I desperately need some help on how to get around this issue - I have
100,000 pages to print by Wednesday.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Obviously the printer driver doesn't know the printer can print such a
custom paper size. Word will only set what the driver will allow. However as
this custom paper size is smaller than the standard paper size in length,
simply set up the page size as the standard size and make the bottom margin
larger to accommodate the difference. Word has no idea what paper you are
actually using.

Stu wrote:
I'm printing to a printer able to handle A3 Extra/SRA3 paper (320mm x
450mm). The printer can also handle custome size paper, such as the
one I need to use, which is 320mm x 350 mm.

If I set the paper size to A3 Extra in Page Setup, I can print
everything fine - providing I use that size paper in the printer.

But as soon as I set the page length to 350mm, Word cuts off all the
page image outside the margins it insists that I use (55.3mm each
side).

I desperately need some help on how to get around this issue - I have
100,000 pages to print by Wednesday.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stu stu is offline

Mmm

Thanks Graham, but the problem is that Word, via the printer driver, tells
the printer that the document page size is SRA3. So when the data gets to
the printer the printer wants me to load SRA3 paper. If I tell it to use the
custom size paper instead, the page feeds - but jams because the printer
"expects" the paper to be longer.

Conversely, if I do reset the document size in Word to 350mm long, I can
print the page OK - except for the area that Word believes is not printable.

It's obviously a conflict between Word and the printer driver. I'll have to
see if I can get at it via the printer manufacturer.

Stu