Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danielle Danielle is offline

Default I can't open any of my saved documents

In word, when I try to open a saved document it will not open. A message pops
up saying that it isn't available. I have tried to reinstall the program but
it says that there is a folder missing, and I can't figure out how to
un-install it. Any suggestions? I don't know what to do
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it (but don't disable Norton
AutoProtect). See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How
to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in"
for more information.

Danielle wrote:

In word, when I try to open a saved document it will not open. A message pops
up saying that it isn't available. I have tried to reinstall the program but
it says that there is a folder missing, and I can't figure out how to
un-install it. Any suggestions? I don't know what to do

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you used Windows Explorer and tried to find those files? (That's the
first thing I would do - sometimes we delete something and don't realize
it.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Danielle" wrote in message
In word, when I try to open a saved document it will not open. A message
pops
up saying that it isn't available. I have tried to reinstall the program
but
it says that there is a folder missing, and I can't figure out how to
un-install it. Any suggestions? I don't know what to do

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

Danielle wrote:
I don't use norton anti virus

Danielle wrote:

In word, when I try to open a saved document it will not open. A
message pops up saying that it isn't available. I have tried to
reinstall the program but it says that there is a folder missing,
and I can't figure out how to un-install it. Any suggestions? I
don't know what to do

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danielle Danielle is offline

Yeah, the file is still there. I can open it in microsoft works and other
programs. Word is just not working. I've tried to un-install it and
re-install it but it says that there is a missing file

"Danielle" wrote in message
In word, when I try to open a saved document it will not open. A message
pops
up saying that it isn't available. I have tried to reinstall the program
but
it says that there is a folder missing, and I can't figure out how to
un-install it. Any suggestions? I don't know what to do

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Danielle,

See if using Start=Search turns up an OfficeAV.DLL file on your PC. A number of computer suppliers and software vendors (including
AOL CDs) have Norton products on them and that part can get left over.

============
MM"Danielle" wrote in message ...
I don't use norton anti virus
--