Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michele_h Michele_h is offline

Default Word 2003 and Publisher 2003 are set up backwards!

I need help with what is probably an easy-to-fix problem. I bought my
computer from an individual, and Word and Publisher are backwards from
anything I've ever used. In Word, the horizontal ruler runs from right to
left, which makes tabs difficult to set besides just being weird. The
default text justification is also right. In Publisher, when I insert pages,
page 1 moves to the right. I am currently working on a project that has 11
pages so far, and I keep going to the wrong page because this set-up is so
weird. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer[_2_] Mary Sauer[_2_] is offline

Don't know about Word, but it sounds like you may have Publisher setup to view a
two page spread. You can un-check that in the view menu. If you have your
publication setup as a booklet, normally the pages are setup in groups of four.
Do you have the status bar enabled? View, Status bar.
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/