Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia Patricia is offline

Default Word Cannot find Messages

I keep recieving the same two messages from Word: !Word cannot find the
Spelling file MSSPell3.dll or mssp232.dll and !Word cannot find the grammar
file msgr??32.dll. This began after a 'critical update'. I have tried some
of the suggestions that have been posted for spell check problems but nothing
has helped...any suggestions?

Please and Thank you.
--
Me
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't blame updates for this. You might get this error message if
your text is formatted as a language for which you do not have proofing
tools installed. Assuming you have Word 2002 or 2003, try this: Open a
document where this problem occurs, press Ctrl+A to select all of the
text, click on Tools | Language | Set Language | choose your language
| uncheck the "Detect language automatically" and "Do not check spelling
or grammar" boxes | Default | OK. Then press F7 to rerun spelling and
grammar checks, and save the document.

Patricia wrote:

I keep recieving the same two messages from Word: !Word cannot find the
Spelling file MSSPell3.dll or mssp232.dll and !Word cannot find the grammar
file msgr??32.dll. This began after a 'critical update'. I have tried some
of the suggestions that have been posted for spell check problems but nothing
has helped...any suggestions?

Please and Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia Patricia is offline

Thank you....thank you....thank you.

This worked!!!!! I don't know what happened...the language was checked to
English U.S. and the "Detect language automatically" and "Do not check
spelling
or grammar" boxes were NOT checked but it still wasn't working and like I stated...it was working before the update and not after BUT THIS WORKED!!!!! Thanks you...thank you...thank you...You're a genius!!!!

--
Me