Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hannah94 hannah94 is offline

Default How to insert different shaped textboxes

I am working on a project, and need to type my paragraphs in triangular
textboxes. Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:43:00 -0700, hannah94
wrote:

I am working on a project, and need to type my paragraphs in triangular
textboxes. Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks!

The Drawing toolbar's AutoShapes Basic Shapes menu (in Word 2003 and
earlier; or on the Shapes button of the Insert ribbon in Word 2007)
has tools to draw a triangular shape. But if you right-click the shape
after drawing it, and choose Add Text, the text will always occupy a
rectangle inside the outer triangle.

There's a way to force text to wrap in a triangular area, by placing
triangle shapes on both sides of it with "Tight" text wrapping, but
that isn't something you'd want to do many times.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman