Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James Burnett James Burnett is offline

Default ending bulleted/numbered lists

I type a lot of notes without looking at the screen. It is important that I
can end a bulleted/numbered list without either looking at the screen or
having to remember how many levels I have indented.

In every prior version of Word I have used when I hit enter twice, the
bulleted/numbered lists end. In Word 2007, when I hit enter a second time is
just decreases the indentation. How do I get the original functionality back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

How are you creating the lists?
Bullets button
Numbering button
Multilevel List button (1st 3 thumbnails)
Multilevel List button (last 4 thumbnails)
AutoFormat As You Type list (for by typing 1. xxx and pressing ENTER)
Applying a List..List 5, List Continue...List Continue 5,List Bullet...List
Bullet 5 or List Number...List Number 5 paragraph style (if so, which one)

The effect of pressing ENTER once, twice, thrice, etc. varies depending on
how you created the list and at what level the list item is when you press
ENTER.

"James Burnett" wrote:

I type a lot of notes without looking at the screen. It is important that I
can end a bulleted/numbered list without either looking at the screen or
having to remember how many levels I have indented.

In every prior version of Word I have used when I hit enter twice, the
bulleted/numbered lists end. In Word 2007, when I hit enter a second time is
just decreases the indentation. How do I get the original functionality back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can press Ctrl+Shift+N to reapply the Normal style.

If you are not using Normal, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to the style
you *are* using, and then apply that style instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP