Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
janatello janatello is offline

Default Using drop down fields within a protected section

Please forgive me if this question is confusing; however, are there
restrictions on whether you can create a drop down field within a protected
document?

This is the situation...I am creating a document that is protected as a form
document so that only certain sections can be edited. Within that form
document, in an un-protected section, I created a table, and I want to have a
drop-down field of choices of what that cell can be populated with. Is there
a way to do this in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi janatello,

No, the dropdown formfield has to go into a protected Section (which can be as little as one row in a table), otherwise it won't
work.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"janatello" wrote in message ...
Please forgive me if this question is confusing; however, are there
restrictions on whether you can create a drop down field within a protected
document?

This is the situation...I am creating a document that is protected as a form
document so that only certain sections can be edited. Within that form
document, in an un-protected section, I created a table, and I want to have a
drop-down field of choices of what that cell can be populated with. Is there
a way to do this in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] wells.carter@gmail.com is offline

On Oct 10, 4:04 pm, "macropod" wrote:
[...]

speaking of which, is there a way to delete the information in a
protected section of perhaps make it unprotected?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote in message ups.com...
On Oct 10, 4:04 pm, "macropod" wrote:
, is there a way to delete the information in a
protected section of perhaps make it unprotected?

Depending on how the formfields are set up, unprotecting then re-protecting the document will do this - or at least set the
formfields to their default values.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
janatello janatello is offline

Is there a way to protect a column instead of a row? I do not want to lock
down the row, because there is information that I need the users to fill in.