Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roystreet

Default Odd "Windows cannot open this file" message...

Hello,
I post this problem here because it didn't start occurring until I
intalled Office 2007. Now when I log on to Windows, I get a message that
states that "Windows cannot open this file" File: 00048223.rbf & asks me what
program to use to open it.

If this is the wrong area to post this, please tell me...But like I
said, it didn't start occurring until after Office 2007 installation.

Thanks,
---roystreet
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roystreet

Hello...
I wanted to add here that I've researched it further. I found the
entry to start this file in msconfig. It was a "Leftover" from installing
OneNote 2007 briefly. I didn't like how it looked & rather have kept the
2003 version. So, if you remove OneNote, it may still try to start
something. Oddly enough, I found the file in "C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT" (Norton
Protected Recycling Bin)
Now, I just have to figure out how to remove that entry so that it
doesn't show up in msconfig.

Thanks...roystreet