Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ramesh Ramesh is offline

Default Logical criteria in query option

HI,

How do i specify the query options for a logical field? I tried Equal to
True like we use in an access query but doesnt work.

any help please.

Thanks
ramesh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In Word 2003, True and False seem to work in the Query options however you
connect to the Access data source (OLE DB, ODBC or DDE). However, if you
look at what Word displays for the True and False values, it depends on the
connection method

True False
DDE -1 0
ODBC 1 0
OLE DB True False

In query options, you appear to be able to use -1 for True with DDE or OLE
DB, 1 for True with ODBC, and 0 for False with all of them.

However, it would not surprise me if some versions of Word behave
differently, perhaps generating the wrong SQL if you use True or False (e.g.
if it generates myfield = 'True' it probably won't work properly). So I
would try the numeric values and see if that works for you.

Peter Jamieson