Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

Default Old word and adobe reader unable to open in 2007

I have windows vista and word 2007. When people send me older versions of
word, I cannot open them. Adobe reader tries to open them and then says it
cannot open them.

Any ideas please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Adobe reader does not open Word files!
It appears you are trying to open Word documents from an e-mail message.
This is bad practice (though Outlook 2007 has removed most of the associated
problems). Instead copy the document to your hard drive and open it from
within Word 2007, which will open all previous Word version files.
You also appear to have a minor file association issue that has DOC format
files associated with Adobe Reader? Repairing Office 2007 should fix that.

Jan wrote:
I have windows vista and word 2007. When people send me older
versions of word, I cannot open them. Adobe reader tries to open them
and then says it cannot open them.

Any ideas please.

Saving Word to Adobe Reader Ant Microsoft Word Help 7 April 4th 07 04:56 AM
how do i transfer adobe reader file to word document StuMac Microsoft Word Help 1 September 16th 06 06:46 AM
Flipping between Word and Adobe Reader Foxtrotsky Microsoft Word Help 7 May 27th 06 10:56 PM
Adobe Reader FUSTRATED Page Layout 1 January 12th 06 02:45 PM
Inconsistent Conversion of Adobe Reader text into Word Peter Barrett Microsoft Word Help 2 July 22nd 05 08:36 PM