Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
winthrop winthrop is offline

Default Word Freezes

I have MS Office 2003 running on my PC. The version of Word is 2000. I have
downloaded the latest service pack trying to fix the problem described below.
All the other components of Office work just fine but, when I try to open
Word the page Word opening box comes onto the monitor and behind it is a
grayed out page. At that point Word freezes. The progress ball continues to
spin until I use Ctl Alt Delete and shut Word down. In the task menu Word is
shown as "not responding". Please let me know if there is a fix for this.
If possible, e-mail me your response directly. My e-mail is

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I have MS Office 2003 running on my PC. The version of Word is 2000

Is this a typo - if not, that may be your problem. If you have Office 2003
you should be using Word 2003.
"winthrop" winthrop@discussion
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

Word freezes wacker New Users 1 January 31st 07 02:02 PM
Word 2007 Freezes dilleniaceae Microsoft Word Help 3 January 30th 07 08:48 AM
Word Freezes Bob H New Users 1 August 20th 06 06:55 AM
Word freezes up and becomes unresponsive, how do I fix it? Laura Microsoft Word Help 0 September 22nd 05 04:59 PM
Word Freezes when saving charliet Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 05 01:28 PM