Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sebation Sebation is offline

Default how can i quickly insert a picture ?

Hi,
i always insert the same picture in my word files,is there a quick way to do
this?

Best regards,

Sebation.G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Sebation,
You could record a macro (Tools - Macro - Record new macro) which inserts
the picture, and then assign a button to it (Tools - customize) and add that
to any toolbar of your choice.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
Hi,
i always insert the same picture in my word files,is there a quick way to
do this?

Best regards,

Sebation.G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You could create an AutoText that includes the picture.

See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Sebation" wrote:

Hi,
i always insert the same picture in my word files,is there a quick way to do
this?

Best regards,

Sebation.G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nozza Nozza is offline

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:55:01 +0800, "Sebation"
wrote:

Hi,
i always insert the same picture in my word files,is there a quick way to do
this?

Best regards,

Sebation.G

A macro might be one solution.

I use a macro to automatically insert the most recently captured
screen print. See

http://my.opera.com/schnedster/blog/adding-the-most-recently-captured-image-to-a-word-document

HTH

Noz
--
Email (ROT13)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Just to even up the odds, here, I think a macro is overkill for this.
AutoText is the way to go. If you really want it on a toolbar, you can add
individual AutoText entries to toolbars using Tools | Customize, though
you'd have to supply the button icon (you could borrow the one from the
Insert Picture button).

"Sebation" wrote in message
Hi,
i always insert the same picture in my word files,is there a quick way to

do
this?

Best regards,

Sebation.G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
IBM User IBM User is offline

Why not just insert it into a blank doc and save it as a template? If
you use that template for EVERY document, you could even replace your
Normal.dot with it.

wrote:

Hi,
i always insert the same picture in my word files,is there a quick way to do
this?

Best regards,

Sebation.G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Fine up to the point where you advocate saving a document/template in place
of Normal.dot. You don't ever want to do that; only Word can properly create
Normal.dot. You *could* save it *in* Normal.dot, but I wouldn't advise that,
either, unless you want it to show up on envelopes and labels.

wrote:

Hi,
i always insert the same picture in my word files,is there a quick way to

do
this?

Best regards,

Sebation.G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
IBM User IBM User is offline

If you deleted Normal.dot, Word would just create a new one with all
of Normal.dot's defaults. I've been replacing Normal.dot for years to
customize it.

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:59:23 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Fine up to the point where you advocate saving a document/template in place
of Normal.dot. You don't ever want to do that; only Word can properly create
Normal.dot. You *could* save it *in* Normal.dot, but I wouldn't advise that,
either, unless you want it to show up on envelopes and labels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you delete Normal.dot, you can destroy years of customization, which is
why we never recommend that, only *renaming* as a diagnostic technique and
last resort. The fact is that any Normal.dot *you* create (by saving a
document or template as Normal.dot) will not be a proper Normal.dot (it will
not, for example, contain the default AutoText). You can certainly customize
Normal.dot to your heart's content; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm.