Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default word 2003 mailmerge with excel

when a presaved word template automatically merges with a spreadsheet is
there an easy way to do the merge and only pick one record to merge? are
there any shortcuts to do the merge period?
--
Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

On the mail merge tool bar there is a button that looks like a table with a
pencil on it called "mail merge recipients" click on that and uncheck all
and then check the ones you want.
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner

"Michelle" wrote:

when a presaved word template automatically merges with a spreadsheet is
there an easy way to do the merge and only pick one record to merge? are
there any shortcuts to do the merge period?
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Thanks for the response Chris. The problem is that it now brings up the info
from that in Access when the data is already open in Excel and I can't use
it. What used to take 3 steps to do the merge now takes 12 every time. Any
ideas?
--
Michelle

"Michelle" wrote:

when a presaved word template automatically merges with a spreadsheet is
there an easy way to do the merge and only pick one record to merge? are
there any shortcuts to do the merge period?
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What were the three steps? Whatever you used to do before, should still be
possible.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Michelle" wrote:

when a presaved word template automatically merges with a spreadsheet
is
there an easy way to do the merge and only pick one record to merge?
are
there any shortcuts to do the merge period?
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Doug

Sorry I was referring to how we used to be able to do a mailmerge with word
2000. When we had a word doc that had an excel spreadsheet as it's data
source you would click on step one (the word doc), then step 2 get the data
source (the spreadsheet) then step 3 was the merge itself with the excel
data. with word 2003 it will open the spreadsheet and minimize it at the
bottom of the page but now it opens up the data in an access and it now takes
12 clicks to accomplish the same thing that used to take 3. any shortcut
ideas would be greatly appreciated as well as how to use the spreadsheet
again (if possible).

thanks

michelle
--
Michelle

"Michelle" wrote:

when a presaved word template automatically merges with a spreadsheet
is
there an easy way to do the merge and only pick one record to merge?
are
there any shortcuts to do the merge period?
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the Tools menu, select Customize and then select the All Commands
category and scroll down through the list of commands until you see the Mail
Merge Helper item. Click and drag that onto a toolbar or the expanded Tools
menu. That will give you back the old three-step interface.

--

"Michelle" wrote:

when a presaved word template automatically merges with a
spreadsheet
is
there an easy way to do the merge and only pick one record to merge?
are
there any shortcuts to do the merge period?
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Doug

thanks so much, that is what i needed. the users will be happy with a
solution.

have a wonderful weekend.

michelle
--
Michelle

From the Tools menu, select Customize and then select the All Commands

"Michelle" wrote:

when a presaved word template automatically merges with a
spreadsheet
is
there an easy way to do the merge and only pick one record to merge?
are
there any shortcuts to do the merge period?
--
Michelle

excel--to-excel linked cells not updated in word mailmerge gijski Mailmerge 2 January 5th 07 08:00 AM
mailmerge using Word/Excel 500.00 in Excel shows as 500 nt 500.00 Switchengine Mailmerge 1 January 29th 06 07:53 PM
Word/Excel Mailmerge Karen Mailmerge 1 January 23rd 06 08:58 PM
mailmerge from excel into word siddharth shanghvi Mailmerge 1 January 23rd 06 08:03 PM
Office 2003 - Mailmerge from Excel hangs/crashes ufischer Mailmerge 2 October 8th 05 11:13 PM