Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sabine sabine is offline

Default Temporary indication

Hi,

I'm making a fax-template for my company (word 2003)
I want to indicate where the employees need to fill something in, with a
simple sentence like "click here and fill in the company name" and "click
here and fill in the faxnumber". The thing is that not eveything needs to be
filled in every time and when I print the document, I don't want the notice
"click here and fill in..." to be printed.

I do not want to use a form because then they can't change the font and
other stuff.
In powerpoint there is someting called 'temporary indication'. This gives
you an indication where to type, but you don't need to type anything. If you
leave it blank, the indication isn't shown in the slideshow, neither in the
printoud. That's the kind of thing I want in my faxdocument.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks,
Sabine
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like you need MacroButton fields for the entries (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm) and a FilePrint
or FilePrintDefault macro that would remove unused fields. Since the field
is overwritten when typed on, any MacroButton fields left when the form is
complete can be found and replaced with nothing. Your macro would need to
toggle the field display (so that the document shows { MACROBUTTON NoMacro
[Click here and fill in company name] }) and then search for ^19 MACROBUTTON
or ^d MACROBUTTON, which will find the fields. The "Replace with" box is
left blank so that the fields are deleted. You may need another run to
delete excess space. The macro would then need to toggle the field display
back (in case there are other fields remaining), then print or open the
Print dialog.

"Sabine" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sabine sabine is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for the info. I hoped there was an easier way :-)

Greetings,
Sabine

"Sabine" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There may be an easier way, but that's the first thing that came to my mind.
Word 2007's content controls might be more "transparent," but since I have
no experience with them yet, I can't say for sure.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sabine" wrote in message
[...]

Temporary files Joanb Microsoft Word Help 2 October 16th 07 06:02 AM
Error Indication Mike50 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 30th 06 05:16 PM
Temporary files: Beverly New Users 2 April 21st 06 10:52 AM
track changes without indication of who or when they were made Lynne Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 05 10:02 PM
the tab indication doesn't show via Show/Hide ¶ button Jack Microsoft Word Help 2 December 4th 04 10:07 PM