Gerhard Kiessling

Default Office 97 mailmerge vs. Office 2003

Hello.
When using Excel as data source in Office 97 it was possible to open the
data source from Word, edit data there and have the results directly in the
merged word document. (So I could have opened Word and Excel parallel).

Is it possible to have the same functionality in Office 2003 also ?

Cause :
When I use the "old" mailmerge assistant from the customized tools menu and
try to open the data source I get a message that word would now kill the link
between the word document an the excel data source.

Thanks in advance for an idea !

Gerhard
Doug Robbins

Yes, you can restore that functionality by customizing the toolbar to
include the Mail Merge Helper that was the interface in Word 97.

To do that, select Customize from the Tools menu and then select the All
Commands category on the Commands tab of the Customize dialog and scroll
down through the list of commands until you come to the Mail Merge Helper
item and then click and drag it onto a toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP