Julia Chromicz

Default Web Toolbar shows when document opened via hyperlink

I have in Excel a list links to Word documents. When a document is opened via
these links, the Web toolbar shows in Word.

I have tried changing the settings in Normal.dot, which did help nail down
all of my other toolbars. Word then works fine (including the Web Toolbar)
when used by itself. After that, however, once a link is opened from the
Excel workbook, Normal.dot seems to be automatically modified to include the
Web toolbar again.

We are using Office 2002, SP-2 and Windows XP Professional.

Is there a way to stop the Web Toolbar from appearing?

Thank you!
Julia