Michelle

Default Paginating more than one file

How do I paginate more than one file so that the page numbering is
consecutive, i.e. file one = pages 1-20
file two = pages 21-40
file three = pages 41-60

etc.
Daiya Mitchell

You can manually set the "start at" number for page numbering, via the
Format Page Number dialog, though the minute you make a two-letter edit that
changes a line break that changes a page break that changes all the start
numbers for all the following documents this gets really annoying.

A macro answer to your question is included in this longer explanation here,
I believe:
Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Michelle

Hi,

Thanks for this - it looks good but it's a bit too complicated for someone
who's not terribly techy like me! Thanks for trying, though.

"Michelle" wrote:

How do I paginate more than one file so that the page numbering is
consecutive, i.e. file one = pages 1-20
file two = pages 21-40
file three = pages 41-60

etc.

Daiya Mitchell

The article is designed to explain to people who aren't especially techie--I
think if you give it a chance you will find that you can handle it. To run
just the macro provided for only the pagination, see these links about what
to do with it.

What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me
out?
I don't know how to install them and put them to use
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

Guide to Installing Macros

Or go with the manual method--once you set it up properly, convert to PDF to
distribute, otherwise the page breaks may change on every printer.

DM

"Michelle" wrote:

How do I paginate more than one file so that the page numbering is
consecutive, i.e. file one = pages 1-20
file two = pages 21-40
file three = pages 41-60

etc.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Setting the default encoding...? Kenneth Microsoft Word Help 19 June 20th 05 06:52 PM
How to creat relative and shorthand file path names? 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM
How to create relative and shorthand file path names 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 4 May 14th 05 08:49 PM
open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
mail merg file list auroracrum Mailmerge 3 March 11th 05 08:45 PM