Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dennist685 dennist685 is offline

Default research while using word 2007

I just read a review about the next iteration of apple's pages:

At present, Pages features a virtually identical interface for both standard
document creation and more advanced publishing, but Version 3 will divide
these two capabilities into separate Word Processing and Layout modes. Apple
will also integrate its Spotlight meta-searching functionality into Pages,
and is considering building in Wikipedia and Google integration so that
writers will not have to leave the program when performing research.

This seems a very attractive feature. I hope Office incorporates something
similar, obviously with windows live search instead of Google. It's an
enormous advantage.

When I write articles I have to constantly leave word and search separately
on the internet. It's very inconvenient.

dennist685

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Have you tried alt-clicking a word in Word 2007?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"dennist685" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

This feature is already present in Office 2003, and it continues
unchanged in Office 2007. It's called "Research". Hold down the Alt
key while you click any word in a document. You have your choice of
looking up the word in an online dictionary or thesaurus, or searching
for it in any or all of a number of web services.

You can choose which research services are available. Click the
Research Options link at the bottom of the Research task pane. The
option that's labeled "MSN search" now redirects to Live Search.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:06:01 -0700, dennist685
wrote:

I just read a review about the next iteration of apple's pages:

At present, Pages features a virtually identical interface for both standard
document creation and more advanced publishing, but Version 3 will divide
these two capabilities into separate Word Processing and Layout modes. Apple
will also integrate its Spotlight meta-searching functionality into Pages,
and is considering building in Wikipedia and Google integration so that
writers will not have to leave the program when performing research.

This seems a very attractive feature. I hope Office incorporates something
similar, obviously with windows live search instead of Google. It's an
enormous advantage.

When I write articles I have to constantly leave word and search separately
on the internet. It's very inconvenient.

dennist685

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy is offline

Look Up (right click anywhere in the document) is a commendable first effort,
but users can't create their own 'reserch service' containing THEIR desired
reference information, corporate knowledge base, etc. unless they also spend
$30,000 on a Sharepoint Portal Server setup!!! Get real! Why can't we simply
have the option of pointing "Research Service" to our own set of HTML
documents in a folder somewhere on our own network server (or local PC)?