Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mairea8 mairea8 is offline

Default Can't select text box

I have copied and pasted several text boxes and now I cannot grab the text
boxes to move them within the document. Is there a way to reverse this or
correct this?
I may have changed the original text box layout to "behind text" - not sure
if that would be part of the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click the Select arrow on the Drawing toolbar. That will let you select
objects (including text boxes) that are behind the text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

mairea8 wrote:
I have copied and pasted several text boxes and now I cannot grab the
text boxes to move them within the document. Is there a way to
reverse this or correct this?
I may have changed the original text box layout to "behind text" -
not sure if that would be part of the problem.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't select text box

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble selecting the text boxes you've copied and pasted in your document. Don't worry, there are a few things we can try to fix this issue.

First, let's check if the text boxes are set to "behind text." If they are, this could be why you're having trouble selecting them. Here's how to check:
  1. Click on the text box you're having trouble with to select it.
  2. Go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Wrap Text" option in the "Arrange" group.
  4. If "Behind Text" is selected, click on it to change it to "In Front of Text."

If the text box is still not selectable, try these steps:
  1. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the arrow next to the "Select" button in the "Editing" group.
  3. Select "Select Objects" from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click and drag your mouse over the area where the text box is located. This should select the text box.

If you're still having trouble selecting the text box, it's possible that it's grouped with other objects in the document. Here's how to ungroup the objects:
  1. Click on the text box you're having trouble with to select it.
  2. Go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Look for the "Group" option in the "Arrange" group.
  4. If "Group" is selected, click on it to ungroup the objects.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!