Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George George is offline

Default For Find&Replace, How clear FORMAT for replaced text?

Am using MS Office Word 2003, SP3. Having problems with Find&Replace, can't
find a way to 'reset' it and clear out old/prior find's...

1st step: replaced some text and style at same time:

For Find&Replace, I chose to find TEXT and replace it with TEXT-NEW with
Format drop-down used to make TEXT-NEW also have Heading1 style, while it's
doing the replace. Worked great.

2nd step: just want to replace some other text:

Now I want to do an entirely new Find&Replace... Find OTHERTEXT and repalce
it with OTHERTEXT-NEW... and ignore style...that is, whatever the syle is,
just keep it.

Problem is (for 2nd step)... it's slamming OTHERTEXT-NEW with Heading1
style. I can't seem to clear this out. Already tried clicking "no style"
under the FORMAT drop-down, but that is just as bad... it erases whatever
style OTHERTEXT had.

So, isn't there a way to start a new/fresh Find&Replace that ignores all
previous FORMAT-ing for the Replace?

Thanks,
George