Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prasant Prasant is offline

Default PLEASE respond ASAP

Hi there,

It's a crazy problem i'm facing. I have to work on many documents and there
will be a footer kind of note, same note I have to keep in each document but
the page is not the same. For example, there is a word "xyz" and we dont know
in the document where it comes, when it appears there should be a footnote in
the first instance of the document. If it comes in the second page of one
document, it comes on someother page in other document. SO I thought of
recording a macro as the text is same for all. Now it is working, when I say
run it appears BUT IN ALL PAGES OF THE DOCUMENT whereas I require only in the
active page, that is the page where I am working and is needed. I mean, when
I go to a particular page and run the macro, it should come only on that
particular page and not the entire document.
How can I edit the code to do that? Where and what should add inside the
coding to write the text in particular page. Otherwise, everytime I have to
either open or keep open the other document, copy and paste. I thought of a
simple macro but it is becoming complicated.

Sorry for a big explanation, I just want to make clear.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and solutions. But please respond
asap.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like you put the text into a footer rather than into a
footnote--it sounds like you want a footnote. To insert a footnote (assuming
Word 2003), choose Insert - Reference - Footnote. Footers/headers appear on
all pages, subject to section formatting.

The easiest solution in this instance probably is to re-record the macro.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible