Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default Tracking changes and mail merge in 2007

I have a problem with Word 2007. My document - a mail merge letter- was
created in Word 2003, it is connected to a excel doucment, tracking changes
is turned on in the document.

Using this document in 2007, has some interesting and unxepected results.
The mail merge works fine but the tracking changes does not. When I accept
changes - and only all changes is available- some of my text disappears.
This includes the name and address of the receipient.

How can I overcome this, Help, Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Q2hyaXM=?=,

I have a problem with Word 2007. My document - a mail merge letter- was
created in Word 2003, it is connected to a excel doucment, tracking changes
is turned on in the document.

Using this document in 2007, has some interesting and unxepected results.
The mail merge works fine but the tracking changes does not. When I accept
changes - and only all changes is available- some of my text disappears.
This includes the name and address of the receipient.

You need to accept all changes, then turn off change tracking BEFORE executing
the merge.

I don't really understand why change tracking is active at all...?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org