Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rrhodes_appi rrhodes_appi is offline

Default Corrupt styles in Word 2007 vs Word 2003 template organizer

I use a custom template to apply styles in Word docs for import into
structured FrameMaker 7.0. Corruption of styles is frequent and can be seen
in the Word 2003 template organizer as "char" added to name of style. If
seen, this can be fixed by deleting the style, copying the text into a new
doc, and reapplying the template and the style. However, the styles that are
corrupt in my 2003 docs don't display with "char" in the 2007 template
organizer. My boss has to view them and fix them for me in 2003. Any help for
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word 2007, have you tried checking the "Disable Linked Styles" option in
the Styles pane (which you can display by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rrhodes_appi" wrote in message
I use a custom template to apply styles in Word docs for import into
structured FrameMaker 7.0. Corruption of styles is frequent and can be
seen
in the Word 2003 template organizer as "char" added to name of style. If
seen, this can be fixed by deleting the style, copying the text into a new
doc, and reapplying the template and the style. However, the styles that
are
corrupt in my 2003 docs don't display with "char" in the 2007 template
organizer. My boss has to view them and fix them for me in 2003. Any help
for
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rrhodes_appi[_2_] rrhodes_appi[_2_] is offline

Thank you for replying! However, I tried this and it made no difference - the
"Char"s indicating corruption still don't display in Organizer (and they are
still there in 2003 - I checked with my boss). I'd like to get the Char's to
display in corrupt docs so I can clean up the corrupt styles without having
to remove all the tagging.