Russell

Default Creating mutliple labels for each mail merge recipient

Hello All,

I work at a help desk and need use mail merge to create lables to forward my
residents mail during the summer. I have created an Excel list to act as the
data base. Usually I need to create only one label per recipient howeve there
are times when I may need to create multiple lables for one recipient, and
then single lables for all other recipeints in the data base. So far I have
been cutting and pasting the extra copies but is there a way to automate the
process so I could print say, three lables in a row for one recipient and
then one each for the next recipient and so on. Any assistance you may give
would be great.

Graham Mayor

Start with a standard mail merge to labels then remove the {next} fields
from as many labels as you need duplicates - it is the NEXT field that reads
the next record.

Russell wrote:
Hello All,

I work at a help desk and need use mail merge to create labels to
forward my residents mail during the summer. I have created an Excel
list to act as the data base. Usually I need to create only one label
per recipient however there are times when I may need to create
multiple labels for one recipient, and then single labels for all
other recipients in the data base. So far I have been cutting and
pasting the extra copies but is there a way to automate the process
so I could print say, three labels in a row for one recipient and
then one each for the next recipient and so on. Any assistance you
may give would be great.

Doug Robbins

It's probably easier to open the data source and copy and paste the record
for which you want multiple labels so as the make multiple copies of that
record.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.