jay M

Default "Heading Row Repeat" didn't

in Word XP (under Win 2K) I had a doc with several tables where the
"Heading Row Repeat" didn't.
I checked and re-applied the setting, no joy.
The tables were not in floating frames or anything 'funny'.
The tables were created by copying the header row from one table,
pasting it into the text further down, and adding rows and applying
text styles as needed. The rows were not alowed to split across ages,
but they were fairly short rows, 2-6 lines each.
None of the styles/paragaphs were set to "keep with next".

The solution I found was to:
1. de-select "Repeat as header row at the top of each page"
2. select the entire table, select "allow row to break across pages".
(had been de-selected)
3. select first row, re-select "Repeat as header row at the top of each
page"
4. select the entire table, de-select "allow row to break across
pages".

The rows then repeat as they should.

wierd- something was stuck...
cheers
Jay

jay M

Well, I created a table by copying a heading row from one table, and
pasting it ino the doc as a new table.
Think that would mess up the new table?
You're right- I just tested it on a new doc, and it does!
In table properties, the first row shows "Repeat as header row at the
top of each
page" as being checked (and as an active checkbox).
On the next rows, the checkbox is grayed out, but shows as being
checked!
you mean the whole table can't repeat?
(-:
Just Word's little way of telling you of a "situation"...
By selecting the whole table, can disable the grayed setting, and then
set for just those desired rows.
Thanks!
Jay M

Bob Griendling

I tried that and can't get unstuck. Even though I unclick repeat header
rows, when I select the entire table (using the star that appears at the
upper left of the table), it shows that repeat is selected but it's shaded.

Bob
"jay M" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Bob Griendling

"By selecting the whole table, can disable the grayed setting, and then
set for just those desired rows."

That's what worked for me. Ignore earlier post, I got it fixed.

Bob

ups.com...