Default How do I get rid of space before last line in paragraph?

When I format a paragraph using a heading style, the paragraph before it
sticks extra space before the last line. If I enter an extra paragraph mark,
it removes the extra space.

Any thoughts on how to stop this from happening?
_Shawn

*Before* the last line? I can't imagine what might cause that, as line
spacing should be uniform throughout a paragraph unless you have a large
character in the line. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that the
preceding paragraph actually ends with a paragraph break to begin with and
not just a line break.

"
wrote in message ...
When I format a paragraph using a heading style, the paragraph before it
sticks extra space before the last line. If I enter an extra paragraph

mark,
it removes the extra space.

Any thoughts on how to stop this from happening?
_Shawn

Yeah, I know. It's also weird because the spacing changes if I type another
paragraph break before the heading. And, there's no reason why spacing should
change mid-paragraph. It's not just a glitch with the view, because in Print
Preview is can be seen, and it also prints that way.

wrote in message ...
When I format a paragraph using a heading style, the paragraph before it
sticks extra space before the last line. If I enter an extra paragraph

mark,
it removes the extra space.

Any thoughts on how to stop this from happening?
_Shawn

If you can isolate this problem to a very small sample (one page), send it
to me and I'll take a look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

*Before* the last line? I can't imagine what might cause that, as line
spacing should be uniform throughout a paragraph unless you have a large
character in the line. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that

the
preceding paragraph actually ends with a paragraph break to begin with

and
not just a line break.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.