Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frado Frado is offline

Default Remove unwanted lines

I am using Office Word 2003 -
I used cut and paste to remove text from a website on the internet and
insert into a Word document .
I now have unwanted lines (like underscore lines) that I can not remove.
I have tried Selecting text 3 or 4 lines before and after these unwanted
lines then hit Delete - - text is deleted but the lines are still there.
I was advised to go to 'View' 'Master Document' then Select the unwanted
lines and hit Delete.
Problem is I have no Master Document under View in Office Word 2003 ??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emPowerPoinTers emPowerPoinTers is offline

You might try pasting special vs. just pasting by clicking icon or using
CTRL+V. Edit/Paste Special/Unformatted Text. If you frequently use web
material, you can create a Plain Paste macro. Instructions he
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-9834110-68.html

"Frado" wrote:

I am using Office Word 2003 -
I used cut and paste to remove text from a website on the internet and
insert into a Word document .
I now have unwanted lines (like underscore lines) that I can not remove.
I have tried Selecting text 3 or 4 lines before and after these unwanted
lines then hit Delete - - text is deleted but the lines are still there.
I was advised to go to 'View' 'Master Document' then Select the unwanted
lines and hit Delete.
Problem is I have no Master Document under View in Office Word 2003 ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frado Frado is offline

I found an old 'Reply' to a 2005 post.
Anne Troy replied (I paraphrase here) SELECT text well above and below the
unwanted lines hit FORMAT then BORDERS & SHADING then on the BORDERS TAB
select NONE then OK.
This worked great.

Unwanted lines Nick M. Page Layout 3 April 16th 08 10:40 PM
remove unwanted spaces/lines new to Office Home & Student Microsoft Word Help 3 October 30th 07 02:37 PM
Unwanted lines through document Bert New Users 8 January 31st 06 07:20 PM
Unwanted Lines through certain letters [email protected] New Users 1 January 30th 06 06:00 AM
I am editing a Word document. How do I remove unwanted lines? the bard Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 05 10:25 PM