Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian[_2_] Ian[_2_] is offline

Default Find works, Find/Replace doesn't

I have run into an even more baffling problem. All 100 pages of my text
are (for the most part) lines ending with manual line breaks. This means
that there are only about fifty paragraphs in the whole book, but there
it is.

Every few lines, there's an extra manual line break. I've been taking
them out one at a time, but this is driving me batty. I did the obvious
thing: I did a find/replace, where I put ^l^l in the find, and ^l in the
replace. Always turns up zero hits.

BUT, if I just search for ^l^l, I find every one.

So, that makes the job *slightly* easier, but not much more so. I have
tried restarting my computer, and restarting Word 2007. No good there.
I've pored through the archives for this group, and the section of Word
Help where it explains about the find/replace dialogue.

Does anyone have a solution to this one?

Ian
--
http://bookstacks.org/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can replace the line breaks with a simple macro to perform three
replacements.

With Selection
.HomeKey wdStory
With .Find
.ClearFormatting
.Replacement.ClearFormatting
.Text = "^l^l"
.Replacement.Text = "^p"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = True
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
.Text = "[! ]^l"
.Replacement.Text = " ^l"
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
.Text = "^l"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End With
End With

"Ian" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian[_2_] Ian[_2_] is offline

In article ,
says...
You can replace the line breaks with a simple macro to perform three
replacements.

Thank you very much. I will save this.

Ian
--