OldTimer

Default Page numbering - half page?

I'm running Word 2003 on Win XP.

I use a std. page (81/2 X 11) landscape with two equal columns for
making speech notes. Before I cut the pages in half I would like to
automatically number the pages (a page number under each column). How
can I do this?

Thanks,
An old-timer trying to keep up
Doug Robbins

For the left hand page number, use the following field construction

{ = ({ PAGE } * 2) - 1 }

and for the right hand page number use

{ = { PAGE } * 2 }

Use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters {} and Alt+F9 to toggle
off the display of field codes.

And just how old is an "old timer"?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"OldTimer" wrote in message
I'm running Word 2003 on Win XP.

I use a std. page (81/2 X 11) landscape with two equal columns for making
speech notes. Before I cut the pages in half I would like to
automatically number the pages (a page number under each column). How can
I do this?

Thanks,
An old-timer trying to keep up

OldTimer

Thanks Doug,

I haven't had anything to do with field codes before -
but this worked out just as I wanted. Much appreciated!

Calculate the hours it took for me to try the solution
and get back to you and you'll come close to the answer to your question:-)

Ed