Frode Hjønnevåg

Default Working several docs at the same time with Word 2000

I have a question with regards to working with several documents
simoultaneusly.

Im using Word 2000. On previous word versions, you could open several
documents within Word without opening Word several times. You also had the
option to minimize each document within Word.
The option to run several documents within one instance of Word allowed you
to easier work/keep open large numbers of documents at the same time without
any noticable loss of resources, in particular when printing.

I can not find any setting within Word options, and searching on the web
gives me nothing.. Does anybody have a clue? I do suspect the ICT dept. at
my office for restricting the installation of Word (leaving out options)..
Can this be the issue here?

Would really appreciate any help here..

Regs

Frode

Jezebel

The difference (with W2000) is only in the graphic presentation. When you
open multiple documents they each open in a separate Window, but you have
only one instance of Word: check the Task Manager ... you'll find only one
instance of Word in the Processes list. So it makes no difference at all to
your use of resources, even when printing.