Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
krisk krisk is offline

Default blue brackets

My professor added comments to my document, indicated by blue brackets. I
tried to put the cursor on the brackets but this didn't work. How do I view
his comments? I have Word for Mac 2003. thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Is the document protected? (Tools--Protect document...)
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"krisk" wrote in message
My professor added comments to my document, indicated by blue brackets. I
tried to put the cursor on the brackets but this didn't work. How do I
view
his comments? I have Word for Mac 2003. thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming you are using MacWord 2004 (not 2003)--select View | Page
Layout. Then go to Word | Preferences | Track Changes. Down toward the
bottom, check "use balloons to display changes". Return to your
document. You should see the comments in the right margin, with lines
connecting the comment balloons to the brackets.

This would have been a better question for the Mac-specific group, and
if you have follow up comments, it would be better to ask them there, as
this newsgroup gets a lot of traffic and it's very easy for the few Mac
users to overlook the Mac questions.

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord,
MacExcel, and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

krisk wrote:
My professor added comments to my document, indicated by blue brackets. I
tried to put the cursor on the brackets but this didn't work. How do I view
his comments? I have Word for Mac 2003. thanks!

Brackets and Numbering KC8DCN Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 07 10:24 PM
Unneccessary brackets mdavison Microsoft Word Help 3 June 21st 06 03:35 PM
grey brackets Misunderstood_Musician Page Layout 1 March 16th 06 12:51 AM
brackets Orry Microsoft Word Help 1 July 10th 05 07:04 AM
Bookmark brackets ll Microsoft Word Help 2 December 3rd 04 05:28 PM