Wellie

Default Unable to edit embeded object - Please help

I recently reinstalled by Win XP Pro and also reinstalled Office 2003. The,
I started to use it. I don't remember what I did during installation. Now,
whenever I insert an object such as Excel. It allows me to insert the Excel
object and create the spreadsheet within Word. However, as soon as I exit
the object (Excel). It shows the spreadsheet as a grid table. When I double
click in an attempt invoke excel with Word to make change to the Excel
object, it prompts me an error msg: "Word cannot open the document; user does
not have access privileges"

PS: This PC on has one user ID to login and the ID is also the admin can do
everything.

Can someone please tell how can correct this problem s.t. I can edit an
embeded object ?

Regards
garfield-n-odie

If you are using Symantec/Norton Antivirus, try disabling the Office
Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs
with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information.