kathywendell

Default How do type a list of addresses, then print invitation envlopes

I need to address about 250 A-2 Envelopes. These are all different addresses
that need to be printed on Invitation Envelopes for my daughter's wedding.
What is the best way to go about this? I know nothing about creating a
database for the names & addresses, or importing them into word to print the
envelopes. I'm pretty good at folowing instructions and I have good software.
Will anyone please give me sugesstions on what to do, and what programs to
use. I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 Professional.
Thank you,
Kathy W.
lostinspace

I need to address about 250 A-2 Envelopes. These are all different
addresses
that need to be printed on Invitation Envelopes for my daughter's wedding.
What is the best way to go about this? I know nothing about creating a
database for the names & addresses, or importing them into word to print
the
envelopes. I'm pretty good at folowing instructions and I have good
software.
Will anyone please give me sugesstions on what to do, and what programs to
use. I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 Professional.
Thank you,
Kathy W.

Avery, which specializes in labels and other products offer free software
downloads.
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...twarecode=3200

Why not avoid recreating the wheel and purchase their labels (many types
available) and enter your data into the software?

Doug Robbins

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm

and "How to create a Mail Merge" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

and maybe, "How to convert addresses into a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ToDatafile.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"kathywendell" wrote in message
I need to address about 250 A-2 Envelopes. These are all different
addresses
that need to be printed on Invitation Envelopes for my daughter's wedding.
What is the best way to go about this? I know nothing about creating a
database for the names & addresses, or importing them into word to print
the
envelopes. I'm pretty good at folowing instructions and I have good
software.
Will anyone please give me sugesstions on what to do, and what programs to
use. I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 Professional.
Thank you,
Kathy W.

rderize

Kathy W.:
Since I don't have the software suite you have, here is a suggestion you
might try until someone who is more knowledgeable comes along to help. From
within MS Word, select the Help menu and navigate to the Index tab. In "key
words" (I use MS Word 2000, so yours maybe different) type "merge". The
first choice that comes up for me is; "Plan and organize a mail-merge data
source". This will get you started in the direction you wish to go. There
maybe better, quicker, easier ways to accomplish your task that I am unaware
of.