Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Divinite Divinite is offline

Default Mail merge with graphics direct to PDF

Hello,

I have a document that is filled with customized mail merge images.
This is the second year we are producing this document and last year,
I merged the whole file, used the outline feature to create separate
documents then ran a batch PDF to get the final versions.

I have since found a few issues with this:

- We have updated our formatting and the new formatting will not show
up properly using the outline split file.
- The final merge file size is now too large for Word to handle (about
350MB), especially when you have to update images

I've tried merging directly to PDF which has the primary advantage of
keeping all formatting with no issue and eliminating an extra few
steps in the process. However, it does have one very large issue:

- Merging directly to PDF does not update the images in the file
before merging

There are too many files to do each one individually.

Does anyone have a way around this or ideas to setup something
automated to meet this goal?