BetsyB

Default MS Word 2000

With my old Dell I bought Word 2000. There are 7 disks in the pack. I have
since changed computers and Have XP Pro installed on this one. Will these
disks work with XP Pro also? I'd hate to go thru all that trouble for
nothing.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BetsyB

It depends on what you mean by "with my old Dell." If you bought the program
for your Dell, then yes, you can install it and run it on the new computer;
it will run fine under Windows XP. If it came installed on the Dell,
however, it is an OEM copy and not licensed for any other machine. Although
you might still be able to install and run it, it would not be legal.

"BetsyB" wrote in message
With my old Dell I bought Word 2000. There are 7 disks in the pack. I have
since changed computers and Have XP Pro installed on this one. Will these
disks work with XP Pro also? I'd hate to go thru all that trouble for
nothing.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BetsyB

Also, MS has free Office trials if you can't get it to work.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay
the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a
great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

"BetsyB" wrote in message
With my old Dell I bought Word 2000. There are 7 disks in the pack. I have
since changed computers and Have XP Pro installed on this one. Will these
disks work with XP Pro also? I'd hate to go thru all that trouble for
nothing.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BetsyB

Amedee Van Gasse

-REMOVE shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Also, MS has free Office trials if you can't get it to work.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man
as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine
- must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam
has ceased to be a great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

I fail to see the relevance of 84% of your message.
Actually, it's quite provocative. IMNSHO it is better to refrain from
any political statements in a pure technical newsgroup. Especially with
current events.

--
Amedee Van Gasse
BetsyB

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It depends on what you mean by "with my old Dell." If you bought the
program
for your Dell, then yes, you can install it and run it on the new
computer;
it will run fine under Windows XP. If it came installed on the Dell,
however, it is an OEM copy and not licensed for any other machine.
Although
you might still be able to install and run it, it would not be legal.

so
all may benefit.

"BetsyB" wrote in message
With my old Dell I bought Word 2000. There are 7 disks in the pack. I
have
since changed computers and Have XP Pro installed on this one. Will these
disks work with XP Pro also? I'd hate to go thru all that trouble for
nothing.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BetsyB

You are correct I bought it along with the Dell computer. I will give it a
shot. Thanks much.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Gotta agree with Amedee on that one.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
-REMOVE shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Also, MS has free Office trials if you can't get it to work.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man
as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine
- must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam
has ceased to be a great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

I fail to see the relevance of 84% of your message.
Actually, it's quite provocative. IMNSHO it is better to refrain from
any political statements in a pure technical newsgroup. Especially with
current events.

--
Amedee Van Gasse

Thanks for letting me push your buttons as I am not very politically correct
and always hope to get a response.
=======================================
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use
the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
[...]

Amedee Van Gasse

-REMOVE shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Thanks for letting me push your buttons as I am not very politically
correct and always hope to get a response.

This is my response:
*plonk*

--
Amedee Van Gasse

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

No, women from Pennsylvania are not dingy. And we know that the state is
never abbreviated PENN.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]