Bullet point format problem

Old November 24th 04, 08:48 AM
Word Heretic

Default Bullet point format problem

G'day "markparker" ,

You should be using styles to control your formatting. Do a bit of
reading at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/index.htm.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

markparker reckoned:

When ever I'm in Word and hit the bullets button on the Formatting task bar,
it automatically selects every line in the document as a bullet point. This
is very annoying as this is not what i want.

Can someone please tell me how to disable this feature and go back to the
proper action when the bullets button is selected?