Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bev

Default mailmerge cannot read data source

I am trying to merge individual records separately into separate documents,
so I've written a looping macro which merges each record separately and loops
according to the record count of the data source. It worked fine when we
were using Word 97 but I've had problems since I re-wrote it in Word 2003.
To start with it was losing connection with the server, but applying the
latest Office service patch fixed that one. But now, whenever I revisit the
data source to add more records VBA only lists there being 1 record in the
data source. Using the code ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.LastRecord
occasionally gives the right record count, but not reliably. It quite often
gives only 1 as the number as well. What am I doing wrong?