Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KK

Default Forms - text form field control in a text box

Hello,

I'm developing a simple form. The form has a text box in it. I find I cannot
insert a 'text form field' control into the text box. I have no problem
inserting controls elsewhere.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Forms toolbar.
Insert a frame rather than a textbox. What you are talking about is what
Word calls an "online form." For more about online forms, follow the links
at http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"KK" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm developing a simple form. The form has a text box in it. I find I
cannot
insert a 'text form field' control into the text box. I have no problem
inserting controls elsewhere.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

You are not doing anything wrong. You, me, nobody can insert a form field
in a text box. You can insert a form field in a frame if you like. The
insert frame icon so happens to be located on the forms toolbar ;-)

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

KK wrote:
Hello,

I'm developing a simple form. The form has a text box in it. I find I
cannot insert a 'text form field' control into the text box. I have
no problem inserting controls elsewhere.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

KK

Copy portion of text form field , the field is in a table cell otilia Tables 6 January 27th 06 11:52 AM
Word form fixed length text field that doesn't change formatting? Colin Microsoft Word Help 3 January 25th 06 07:35 PM
Converting Form Field Text Miskacee Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 05 02:25 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM