Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LisaShea LisaShea is offline

Default Word 2007 - Save to PDF will not embed fonts

I am trying to load a novel into CafePress as a PDF. CafePress requires the
PDF file to have embedded fonts. Word 2007 has a built in option now to save
to PDF. I have tried everything I can think of, but the file never ends up
with embedded fonts. CafePress is no help - they simply say the fonts aren't
embedded so they will not accept the PDF file.

There does not seem to be any option in the PDF options page to handle
embedded fonts. I do have the option checked to bitmap fonts that cannot be
embedded, and in the main Word options I do have the option checked to
include fonts on save. What is wrong?

Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not all fonts *can* be embedded.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"LisaShea" wrote in message
I am trying to load a novel into CafePress as a PDF. CafePress requires the
PDF file to have embedded fonts. Word 2007 has a built in option now to
save
to PDF. I have tried everything I can think of, but the file never ends up
with embedded fonts. CafePress is no help - they simply say the fonts
aren't
embedded so they will not accept the PDF file.

There does not seem to be any option in the PDF options page to handle
embedded fonts. I do have the option checked to bitmap fonts that cannot
be
embedded, and in the main Word options I do have the option checked to
include fonts on save. What is wrong?

Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LisaShea LisaShea is offline

Well yes, but I'm using *only* Times Roman in my entire document for this
very reason, to keep it simple. If you feel Times Roman can't be embedded,
please let me know what other serif font can be.

Lisa

"LisaShea" wrote in message
I am trying to load a novel into CafePress as a PDF. CafePress requires the
PDF file to have embedded fonts. Word 2007 has a built in option now to
save
to PDF. I have tried everything I can think of, but the file never ends up
with embedded fonts. CafePress is no help - they simply say the fonts
aren't
embedded so they will not accept the PDF file.

There does not seem to be any option in the PDF options page to handle
embedded fonts. I do have the option checked to bitmap fonts that cannot
be
embedded, and in the main Word options I do have the option checked to
include fonts on save. What is wrong?

Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

On the Save to PDF dialog, check the 'Options' button and check the ISO
19005-1 compliant box. This should embed the TNR font in the PDF. Without
this box checked, the PDF uses resident fonts when viewed.

"LisaShea" wrote in message
I am trying to load a novel into CafePress as a PDF. CafePress
requires the PDF file to have embedded fonts. Word 2007 has a built
in option now to save
to PDF. I have tried everything I can think of, but the file never
ends up with embedded fonts. CafePress is no help - they simply say
the fonts aren't
embedded so they will not accept the PDF file.

There does not seem to be any option in the PDF options page to
handle embedded fonts. I do have the option checked to bitmap fonts
that cannot be
embedded, and in the main Word options I do have the option checked
to include fonts on save. What is wrong?

Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Shea Lisa Shea is offline

AHA! Thank you so much, this did the trick. I've put together how-to pages on
how to use Lulu, CafePress and CreateSpace to self publish, and this was the
only real sticking point I had with any of the three systems. Thank you so
much for your help! If you're interested, the pages are here -

http://www.lisashea.com/lisabase/wri...bookpublished/

Lisa