JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

Default AutoCorrect.dot doesn't backup all entries?

In MS Word 2003, I ran AutoCorrect.dot (from AutoCorrect.zip) to backup my autocorrect entries. Of my 11000 entries or so I only got about 9600 (it stopped at letter T). Is it a known limitation of AutoCorrect.zip and if so is there an alternative for getting all entries?

Last edited by JPh12 : February 1st 13 at 11:25 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Autocorrect.zip doesn't backup all entries?

Are you referring to the template from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...tocorrect.htm?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPh12" wrote in message ...

In MS Word 2003, I ran AutoCorrect.dot (from AutoCorrect.zip) to backup
my autocorrect entries. Of my 11000 entries or so I only got about 9600
(it stopped at letter T). Is it a known limitation of AutoCorrect.zip
and if so is there an alternative for getting all entries?

JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

[quote='Stefan Blom[_3_];493896']Are you referring to the template from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...tocorrect.htm?

Yes, exactly.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The article is rather old by now, so I guess there could be some limitations
with the macro ...

What if you try copying the *.acl file(s) manually, then? Does that work for
you?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPh12" skrev i meddelandet

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;493896']Are you referring to the template from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...tocorrect.htm?

Yes, exactly.

--
JPh12

JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

Yes, I can see the autocorrect entries when I read the .acl file in Wordpad and I guess I can extract the ones I didn't get with the mvps template (which got most of them already).
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or you could just replace the *.acl files, as discussed in the article (but,
of course, if you are moving entries to a new machine, that would delete any
entries already present there).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP