Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Holly

Default How do I remove my name from the File -Prop-Statistics window

I need to remove all identifying info from a manuscript I'm submitting to a
conference. How do I remove my name from the "Saved by.." notation in the
File-Properties-Statistics window? Pls respond soon as I have to submit the
manuscript tomorrow. Many thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Word 2003: See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825576/ "How to
minimize metadata in Word 2003" and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834427/ "The Remove Hidden Data
tool for Office 2003 and Office XP".

Word 2002: See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290945/ "How to
minimize metadata in Word 2002" and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834427/ "The Remove Hidden Data
tool for Office 2003 and Office XP".

Word 2000: See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237361/ "How to
minimize metadata in Microsoft Word 2000 documents".

Word 97: See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223790/ "WD97:
How to Minimize Metadata in Microsoft Word Documents".

Holly wrote:

I need to remove all identifying info from a manuscript I'm submitting to a
conference. How do I remove my name from the "Saved by.." notation in the
File-Properties-Statistics window? Pls respond soon as I have to submit the
manuscript tomorrow. Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:29:02 -0800, "Holly"
wrote:

I need to remove all identifying info from a manuscript I'm submitting to a
conference. How do I remove my name from the "Saved by.." notation in the
File-Properties-Statistics window? Pls respond soon as I have to submit the
manuscript tomorrow. Many thanks!

Depending on what version of Word you have (always a critical piece of
information when asking for help):

How to Minimize Metadata in Word
WD97:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223790
WD2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237361
WD2002:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290945
Remove Hidden Data add-in for Office 2003 and Office XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834427
Protecting Personal Data in Your Word 2003 Documents

http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/librar...ctWord2003.asp

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to what Jay and Garfield have said, if this is Word 2003, you
can check the box for "Remove personal information from file properties on
save" on the Security tab of Tools | Options.

"Holly" wrote in message
I need to remove all identifying info from a manuscript I'm submitting to

conference. How do I remove my name from the "Saved by.." notation in the
File-Properties-Statistics window? Pls respond soon as I have to submit

the
manuscript tomorrow. Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Holly

Default How do I remove my name from the File -Prop-Statistics windo

Thanks Jay & Garfield!
Holly