Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bspangler

Default Printing to HP LaserJet 6mp

When I use the print button on the tool bar in MS Word I get this message.
"You cannot modify the duplex flag for this printer because it does not
support duplex or the driver does not support setting it from the Windows
API" This happens only when I use the tool bar button and my default printer
is a LaserJet 6mp. If I change my default printer to a different to a
different printer I do not get that error. I looked at HP's website for
updated drivers and all they have is PS drivers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

The next time you want to print with the HP, go to FilePrint and remove the
check in the upper right corner for Manual Duplex before you print (you must
click OK or the setting will not permanently take).

If, OTOH, there is no check in the box, click the Properties button and poke
around until you find the printer's resident setting for duplex & turn it off
(although this shouldn't be necessary if the printer doesn't support duplex
in the first place... but stranger things have happened).

HTH |:)

"bspangler" wrote:

When I use the print button on the tool bar in MS Word I get this message.
"You cannot modify the duplex flag for this printer because it does not
support duplex or the driver does not support setting it from the Windows
API" This happens only when I use the tool bar button and my default printer
is a LaserJet 6mp. If I change my default printer to a different to a
different printer I do not get that error. I looked at HP's website for
updated drivers and all they have is PS drivers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bspangler

The Manual Duplex is not checked. I looked in the printer settings and did
not see anything for turning on and off Duplex.

"bspangler" wrote:

When I use the print button on the tool bar in MS Word I get this message.
"You cannot modify the duplex flag for this printer because it does not
support duplex or the driver does not support setting it from the Windows
API" This happens only when I use the tool bar button and my default printer
is a LaserJet 6mp. If I change my default printer to a different to a
different printer I do not get that error. I looked at HP's website for
updated drivers and all they have is PS drivers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hello Again -

What happens if you use FilePrint instead of clicking the button?

Also, click the Start button on the Task Bar, point to Settings & select
Printers & Faxes. In the Printers window, right-click the printer's icon,
select Properties & see if it matches up with the LaserJet 6mp.

Regards |:)