Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KAM

Default Ref field code gives Error- Word 2000 vs 2003

I recieve documents that are created by someone else (and I do not know what
version docs are created with).

Occasionaly we receive a document that appears as follows in Word2003:
{ REF _Ref93908553 \h } which appears as "Fig. 1" when the field codes are
toggled.

But when the document is opened in Word2000:
{ REF _Ref93908553 \h } is still the field code, but "Error! Reference
source not found." is what appears in the document (The text of "Fig. 1"
which is really what we want, but it is lost.)

I know that as long as we stay in Word2003 I will be able to see the text
desired - but we are primarily working with Word2000 and I need to know why
we are getting the error with Word2000. It seems as though the field of "REF"
is valid in Word2000 so I don't know why this won't work.

Thanks.

I primarily use Word2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KAM

Since this seems to be a question no one is familiar with, I just wanted
everyone to know I was going to go on a hunt for some other boards and try
this question there also... I won't cross post here at the microsoft
community.