Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stingraybob

Default Crashing

I am using Office 2000 Word. I have documents in My Documents file that I
want to edit. Whenever I try to open a document, the Word program starts to
open and then at the opening window the program crashes. I have tried to
uninstall and re-install the Works 2000 program from the discs that I
received with the computer. When I try to remove the programs at Control
panel, I get the error message saying that it cannot read the task registry
and stops the removal process. I tried to reinstall Word 2000 and then open
the document, same problem, program crashes.
I can't remove the program and can't open Word. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm.

--