Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kokomojo

Default English (U.S.) not appearing in Status Bar

The default language, English (U.S.) was not appearing in my Word 2003 Status
Bar.

I got it back by choosing another language, like Albanian, (Tools menu,
Language, Set language) then choosing English (U.S.) again and setting it as
the default., then exiting Word and re-opening Word.

Can anyone exlpain why this happened and is there a simpler procedure to get
the language display on the Status Bar back?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S29rb21vam8=?=,

Generally, the status bar will display the language formatting of the currently
selected text. It doesn't display the system or Word language default. I'd have
to know a lot more about your installation to guess about the "Why", including
what you DO see. But there's an article in the Tips section of my website that
explains how the formatting in Word works. After you work through that, you may
figure it out for yourself :-)

The default language, English (U.S.) was not appearing in my Word 2003 Status
Bar.

I got it back by choosing another language, like Albanian, (Tools menu,
Language, Set language) then choosing English (U.S.) again and setting it as
the default., then exiting Word and re-opening Word.

Can anyone exlpain why this happened and is there a simpler procedure to get
the language display on the Status Bar back?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)