Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt K

Default Populating documents using checkboxes and forms.

I was given the task by my small company to try to find a solution where I
can have pre-formatted and created text export into a document like Word
from checking boxes on a form.
What programs would I want to use for that? Must that be a macro-type
operation? Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TWF0dCBL?=,

I was given the task by my small company to try to find a solution where I
can have pre-formatted and created text export into a document like Word
from checking boxes on a form.
What programs would I want to use for that? Must that be a macro-type
operation?

It must almost certainly be a macro operation. You should ask in one of the
word.vba newsgroups. You'll need to supply more information, among other
things:

1. The version of Word you're targeting

2. the source of the formatted information. Your problem description is very
vague on this point. (Note: if you hadn't used the term "export" I'd suggest
using AutoText entries.)

3. The reasoning behind the task.

4. Your programming background. If you have no programming background, it
would make sense to hire a consultant/free-lance programmer. Programming a
form with checkboxes that will automate Word and populate a document with
pre-formatted text is not something for a novice to start with (unless you're
being sent to programming school, then it could be an interesting and
appropriate final-phase project).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org