Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John in Riverbank

Default Text Selection and Pop-Up Lists

I'm updating an old Word/DOS 3.1 document into a current Word 2002 doc. This
report has about 20 pages with close to 1,200 AutoText entries that are
displayed as hidden text in the document. First, I'm thinking of converting
the groups of hidden AutoText listings to pop-up lists. I've got the whole
right-click thing down fairly well.

However, a co-worker would prefer that the report be as mouseless as
possible. Is it possible to "F8" a text word to select it (our AutoTextList
word in this case), then have a key act as the pop-up list (i.e., to have it
display the info I want placed into the selected word)? Would this be a
"hotkey" or "macro" issue?